If you do a Google search for “tips on getting more done in a day,” you’ll see page after page of links on this topic that you can spend hours reading. But, to keep things simple, here are my top 5 tips for getting more done:
- Think about your immediate and long-term projects and keep a running list of them.
- Prioritize your “to do” list for each day.
- Get organized – don’t just have everything stacked in piles. Sort things, use folders/binders, color coded things or whatever system works for you to know where things are. But then actually use that system.
- Don’t procrastinate on handling tasks you don’t enjoy doing – do them and be done.
- There’s a time and place for socializing at work, but keep it to a minimum. Stay focused on your work. Have a plan and work your plan to accomplish the tasks before you each day.
How do you make room in your day for fun projects? What tips do you use to accomplish your daily tasks?